Blog 61: Body odor? Don’t be a victim•
Posted on May 21 2018
Body odor can be an embarrassing problem for anyone. In tropical regions like West Bengal, where summer & profuse sweating are synonymous, body odor can be a nagging problem associated with the season. However, the odor is not caused only by sweat.
There are two types of sweat glands that produce sweat to maintain body temperature and also excrete some byproducts of metabolism. The eccrine glands present all over the body excrete water and salts, but the apocrine glands present in the armpits and genital area also excrete urea and fats along with salt and water. The breakdown of the apocrine gland excreted sweat by bacteria causes body odor.
If you have been a victim of this problem, it is time to be cautious, because unless body order is triggered by severe hormonal reasons, it can be controlled by following simple measures. Check out,
Take proper bath at least twice daily
Yes, getting rid of body odor is as simple as bathing. You just need to make sure that you are following the proper bath time rituals.
- Use an anti-bacterial body soap or body wash with antibacterial essential oils like the Aromatic Spa Conditioning Body Wash properly during bath.
- Wash off with plenty of water till the soap or the body wash is removed completely.
- Before finishing, add 1 cap Ankush antiseptic solution into one mug water & pour it down from over your head, wait for half a minute & dry your body with a towel.
- Follow this routine at least twice a day.
Ankush is an effective and natural antiseptic, that not only keeps body odor causing bacteria away but also controls sweat to a good extent.
Wear breathable natural fabric
Picking your clothes carefully is important particularly in summer.
- Natural fabric made, light weight and breathable clothing can help you stay comfortable during summer. It also helps in controlling excess sweat.
- Breathable fabrics allow quick evaporation of sweat thus keeping the sweat as well as the odor caused by the action of bacteria on sweat under control.
- Cotton, linen, pure silk and other natural fabrics should be your choice during summer.
- Also make sure to put on only properly washed and clean clothes daily.
Get rid of underarm hair
Shaving or waxing the underarms regularly can be effective to control body odor. The swampy environment of underarm supports growth of bacteria & the underarm hair traps the odorants making it even worst. So, getting rid of them will naturally help.
Keep an eye on what you eat
When body odor is a problem, it is important to keep an eye on your diet. Foods like garlic & onion are known for causing body odor. Excluding these foods from your diet or at least minimizing their intake & increasing the amount of fresh fruits & fiber rich foods in your diet can be effective. Also drink plenty of water. A natural body detox can also help.
Winter Foot Care - ...
The complete two months of snuggling under the quilt are the most desired part in the winter season, but it can also be really difficult to deal wi...Read More
Enhancing and Firmi...
Having amazing curve is what all women love. Your bosom plays a great role in increasing self-confidence and helps improve overall well being. So ...Read More
Decoding Cleansing ...
Every shower time is not a mere wash and goes experience but more than that. Every shower is transformed into a rejuvenating experience through the...Read More